What is it?
SMART eD aims to foster European citizenship and improve conditions for civic and democratic participation at EU level by raising citizens’ awareness of national and EU level initiatives to counter fake news and online disinformation.
The project will create an online repository with all the project outcomes, and will provide recommendations for EU policy-makers on strategies and methodologies for the smart use of eDemocracy tools to counter the negative impact of fake news.
In order to maximize our results and impact we are joining forces with 6 other organizations from all around Europe. Each partner will carry out the following activities across the EU:
- Survey in a national level in order to analyse citizens’ attitudes, habits, needs and ideas on the issue.
- International experts’ meeting to discuss the survey outcomes, share views and develop a methodology for the local events that will follow.
- Local events in each country, that will bring together citizens from rural and semi-rural areas to discuss existing EU initiatives.
- Final conference in Brussels to present the project outcomes and conduct an EU level dialogue involving citizens, NGOs, activists, experts, media and policy-makers.
The first results are almost here! We are already completed the national level survey and we are working on the outcomes. In few weeks we will share them! Stay tuned…
- ManaBalss.lv (Latvia)
- EUROPEUM (Czech Republic)
- KohoVolit.eu (Belgium)
- Estonian Cooperation Assembly (Estonia)
- Institute for Electronic Participation – INePA (Slovenia)
- Democratie Ouverte (France)
- SciFY (Greece)
Partners: ManaBalss.lv (Latvia), EUROPEUM (Czech Republic), KohoVolit.eu (Belgium), Estonian Cooperation Assembly (Estonia), Institute for Electronic Participation – INePA (Slovenia), Democratie Ouverte (France), SciFY (Greece)
Funding: Project “Smart eDemocracy Against Fake News – SMARTeD” has been funded with the support of the Europe for Citizens programme of the European Union. (ID: 601576)
Project website: https://smartedemocracy.org/